Professor Deborah White, PhD FFSc (RCPA)
- Director of Cancer Research and Deputy Cancer Theme Leader, SAHMRI
- Lead, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) Flagship, Australian Genomics Health Alliance
- Senior Principal Research Fellow, SAHMRI
- Professor in both Medicine and Paediatrics, University of Adelaide.
- Fellow of the Faculty of Science (Royal College of Pathologists of Australia),
- Adjunct Professor, University of South Australia (Health Science)
Professor White is also a Member of the American, European and Australian Societies of Haematology, the Australian and New Zealand Children’s Haematology / Oncology Group (ANZCHOG) and the International (USA) Children’s Oncology Group (COG)
Professor White’s research focus is in Chronic Myeloid (CML) and Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia (ALL) and she holds/has held Grants (peer reviewed) from The Hughes Foundation and the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (USA), the NHMRC, the Leukaemia Foundation Australia (LFA), Channel 7, Cancer Australia (CA) and the Cancer Council SA (CCSA). She also plays an active role in Pharmaceutical Advisory Boards.
Professor White is an active member of the National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) being a member of the NHMRC Academy, the Translational Research Program Advisory Committee, and the Women in Health Science Executive Committee. She is also the lead investigator of the ALL Stream of the Australian Genomics Health Alliance (AGHA). In addition she is an active peer reviewer for the NHMRC, LFA and CCSA and for 16 Scientific Journals, and on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Blood Research & Hematologic Diseases. For the last 3 years Professor White has led an NHMRC Grant Review Panel as the Chair. In 2014 she was recognised as the Australian Society for Medical Research (ASMR) Leading Light for her Medical Research, and in 2016 was awarded the University of Adelaide James McWha medal.